BPA-300 :-D Pcb designed! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2004, 02:33 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Mattyo5
Thumbs up BPA-300 :-D Pcb designed!

Ok guys, here it is. I spent many hours and tried to come up w/ a gainclone pcb w/ 6 lm3886 chips based on page 12 of the
bpa-200 pdf file, no dc servo's. Some of the components are meant to go underneith the pcb, since i wanted to keep traces short and size down. If anyone would like to critique the actual pcb, i can send them the expresspcb.com files

www.expresspcb.com is the place i got the software from, its a 2 layer board, and the ps includes 4 3900uF panasonic fc 35v caps... there is also space for bypass caps (of course those are optional). around the regulated section of the ps, there is space for 1kuF 25v fc caps and 100nF bypass caps.

I saw the thread down below about a bpa-200 kit. I think it'd be nice and easy to do a group buy on this, even if it was only 100 boards. I'd have to sorta reverse the board if people want to do a stereo board (ie, all the inputs and output are on the wrong side of the board for stereo, i'd need a mirror image, but something that wouldn't change the pinout. I spent about 20 hours on this...and this is my first attempt at a layout. If someone wants to critique it, and help me get this whole thing together, maybe in the future someone could arrange a group buy. Later!

-Matthew K. Olson

ps, email me through diyaudio, if i don't respond w/in 24 hours, i didn't get the email
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pcb design 2.jpg (63.7 KB, 2803 views)
Old 5th July 2004, 06:49 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

No comments? I was hoping someone would have a look at this for me and give me a 2nd set of eyes looking on the pcb. Anyone?

-Matthew K. Olson

mattyo5 at aol.com
Old 5th July 2004, 08:04 PM   #3
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

I could have help you but my monitor is broken (made 1991, Sony 19") so I can't see red.... and sometimes green..... etc. Now it's red.

One thing I can say, three LM3886 can deliver 33 A, make sure you don't fuse the traces! 70 um (2 oz.) and/or fat copper traces.
Old 5th July 2004, 08:50 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Peranders, i can send you the files for expresspcb, then you can see things a little better. Email me if you like and I'll send the files. I used pretty fat traces for the outputs. I need someone to really critique it and make sure my circuit looks good. Thanks!

-Matthew K. Olson
Old 6th July 2004, 03:01 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send me the files and I'll have a look...

It looks OK but we can make it better

switchmaster@hotmail.com

-Matt
Old 6th July 2004, 03:04 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

One more thing, if you want it small why not use surface-mount? There are up to 3.5W SMT resistors out there, with 2W being cheap and easy to find. 1/2W is even smaller and easier to come by inexpensivly.

Caps and diodes can also be SMT, to make a tiny PCB and reduce noise to an absolute minimum.

-Matt
Old 6th July 2004, 03:09 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I don't want to use SMT because of easyness for beginners. Its a good point, but still. Also, some of the components are underneith, which hasn't been noted, but could be guessed. Especially under the space i have for the regulators heatsink. You're email is on its way. thanks

-Matthew K. Olson
Old 6th July 2004, 05:16 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Looks good..

What kind of price do you think it would be, just for the board.

thanks
Old 6th July 2004, 05:24 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

If this board winds up working well, and you decide to do a group buy on 'em, you can count me in for at least a few, maybe more, depending on the price
Old 6th July 2004, 07:02 AM   #10
Jean is offline Jean  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Jean
Can count me in also.... personally I would like the board w/o PSU diodes. Maybe just the board with amplifier circuit and rail capacitors ?

Hide this!Advertise here!