Hold on.. I'm (gain)cloning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I am entering into the gainclone world following the inspiration given by Joe Rasmussen and his VBIGC.
I searched in the web for those who already had made it and found Pete Moore's and Nuuk's veery beautiful creations...

I'm trying to make mine more good looking than my average but many work has still to be done...

Electrically it works.. now I have to build it intop the enclosure and I'm done....

Some preview pics...any comment/suggestion welcome (especially on how to polish and finish the enclosure)

Cheers

Andrea

Attachments

• frontup.jpg
    frontup.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 672
I am a little ashamed on how slow is this project going... however while waiting for the power supply case to be done I managed to paint with a nice finish the enclosure, that presented some rust/scratches.

The amp is installed and ready to run but will have to wait after the holidays.
For the moment a few pics to show the progress....

Cheers

Andrea

Attachments

• hybryd_front.jpg
    hybryd_front.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 397
I've been listening at this amp after converting to T-network feedback scheme (the "normal" feedback was a bit noisy) and I must say it sounds pretty good (even if my speakers are 4 Ohm and, for the moment, only with a single-cap x-over :xeye: ).

The tube is a "plain" Ecc88 (Mullard NOS), but I have also some E88CC and CV2492 to plug in...(hoping to hear some difference ;) )

To actually be able to judge it I should compare it in a well-known system with conventional speakers (mine are to be actively crossed)... maybe in the next weeks I'll be able to make such comparison...

For the moment I wanted to thank Joe, Franz, Nuuk, Carlos and all the others who contributed to the development of the "gainclone" concept.

Cheers

Andrea / slowly recovering from the nuptial trauma :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.