Please Check out my website and discussion board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would really appreciate it if you could check out my website and let me know what you think. I just moved servers and have a lot more things. It's not completely done, so please let me know if you get any 404 errors while surfing it.

There is also the bulletin board. Right now, there are only 2 members, myself and another named halojoy. There are occasionaly other people who post, but not that often, and we would really like to get the site going and a lot of people to visit it and participate in it.

The site is at www.aloofhosting.com/electronet/index.html and the discussion board is at www.aloofhosting.com/electronet/ebb.htm

Thank you,
Mike

Good start SoundNerd.

My only comments are:

1 Black background turns most monitors into mirrors! Not good for idits like me who have a window behind me :rolleyes:

2 It's frustrating to read about partly completed projects (rather like 'site under constriuction'). It's more 'professional to wait until a project is tried and tested before writing it up. This site should be a useful service to others, not a personal diary :)

3 Do we really need another disccussion board?

Other than that it's looking good. Good luck in developing your site, and remember - 'content, content, content', without it the gimmicks are just that! ;)

thanks for the comments.

where did I not use the proper symbol?

I'll try to figurte out why i get a 404 on that page.

Nuuk,
I used to have the same problem... but not just black did it to me...every color did.

And, I will finish those pages that are not complete, or take them off until they are completed.

Finally, of course we need another board :):)

-Mike

Yes, I am aware of the missing resistor.

I am not hotlinking. The schematic is on the server, and even shows up on the page. I just have links to the actual file so somebody just has to click on it, and they can print out just the schematic or pcb. I have no idea why it is doing that, I'll have to check it out and try to fix it. Thanks for noticing that. The last time I looked it was perfectly fine, so it would be a while before I noticed it wasn't there.

hmm, this is odd, I refreshed the page and that error didn't come up. I'll have to contact the support for that. Do you think that since the page is in the /schematics/amplifiers/ folder and the image for it is in the /schematics/images/ folder the server is getting confused and thinking that I'm hotlinking?
Thanks, Mike

soundNERD said:
...where did I not use the proper symbol?
My tongue was somewhat out, the symbols are correct if old-fashioned for the USA, but there's a slow flow (eg, in some recent datasheets) towards adopting the International symbols and notation, eg, non-polarised caps as 2 parallel lines, 4k7 instead of 4.7k.

So the "#1 electronics site" should pave the way. ;)

Argument for change covered here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.