One channel is louder than the other?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, I went and replaced the resistor.....and still the same problem :mad:

I even re-soldered all the connections on the board....still no luck. I tried connecting the input directly to the board (with a 10k resistor in series) , but that didn't work. I'm running out of ideas aside from the chip itself. But as BZ said, this typically wouldnt be a problem with the chip?

I'm at a loss :confused:

Yea...I tried every combo I could think of and still no luck. Kind of an odd situation eh? At least I have a premium kit coming from Brian in a week or two (crossing my fingers) to build another GC with :)

Brian: much appreciated, but I already ordered another LM3875 from Digikey...I need some other parts anyways and threw it in. Thank you though...your generosity is dually noted. I wouldn't think it would be a problem with the board itself, so we'll see what happens when I get this new one in there.

Just to make sure again that I have set things up correctly, here is the current setup for anyone to comment on. I can connect the speakers directly to the outputs on the board, and I still have the same problem. Also, the pot tracks fairly well between channels...it's only about 200~300ohms off. I hope you enjoy the Visio picture...it's all I have at work :D

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 78
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
ble0t said:
Just to make sure again that I have set things up correctly, here is the current setup for anyone to comment on. I can connect the speakers directly to the outputs on the board, and I still have the same problem. Also, the pot tracks fairly well between channels...it's only about 200~300ohms off. I hope you enjoy the Visio picture...it's all I have at work :D

Your diagram looks correct. I wish you best of luck for getting it working soon :)

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.