Stk412-170

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, BlackBLOOD
Hi, thomas997

Sorry, for the delay !

I do not think the distortion factor from 0.7% am so important below 80Hz.
By the bridge connection however I have 360Watt per channel at 8 ohms in a chip Stk412-170.
And consider a Stk412-170 costs approximately 30 dollar and produces 360Watt Sinuspower at 8 Ohm.
I plan two Subwoofer output stages with 2 Stk-412-170 each in bridge with 300 Watts each at 8 ohms.
The Speaker is 2 pieces of Adire Shiva MkIII in sealed box in a under resonance processing system.
The system functions then from 20Hz to 80Hz with one Linkwitz or ELF filters below the resonant frequency of the box.
Starting from 80Hz 2 SE 16Watt Tubeamp with 6C33C and Fostex FE207 loudspeaker is planned.

Mike

Hi MikelMonster,

I'm also intersted in building a system using the STK412-170 chip.

Have you already built the amplifier? If yes, How do you rate the performance?

Is it possible to have a 180W+180W continous RMS output for the full dynamic audio range, or the chip is only good for a subwoofer?

How do you suggest the PCB layout?

The data sheets indicate two different power supplies to be used. I want to know if we may use a single transformer but with tappings for the two voltage outputs, and use two sets of rectifiers for the DC outputs.

awaiting your feedback,

thanks and regards,

Nitin.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.