lm4780 omniPCBs soon to be for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hopefully.

this is likely a limited run thing, very limited run probably.

in anycase i've been working on an easy to use, extremely versitile lm4780 board.

if you've emailed me before about these, i will email you back tomorrow with the results of the prototypes.

the board is larger though, 2.5"x2.8" (6.35 x 7.112).

the good is that the board supports many different topologies:
noninverting (AC-coupled, RF filter, and fixed volume offset options)
inverting (AC coupled option)
unbalenced differential - aka difference amplifer, often listed as a balenced to unbalenced converter, it will do this, but it doesn't have the same performance of a real balenced amplifier.

there is room for a zobel.

bridged mode is possible.
parallel mode is hopeful -- no room has been alloted on board for 0.1 ohm resistors. i have a hunch they aren't needed if you make the hookup wire long/thin enough...
stereo mode is possible.

each signal ground is seperate from powerground.

the current loop should be pretty well minimized.

there are 2 screw holes and room for connectors, thus making setup and mounting easier.

chip is mounted 1/2 inch (1.25cm) away from the PSU caps, allowing for a clamp-mounting bracket to be used.

any questions, i will try to answer.

as i said, this isn't really a group order, it's just a limited run. i tried to optimize the board for low noise and for fairly easy use. that being said, you must still be able to solder.

as i have seen, there are currently two other 4780 board out, one by brianGT and one by OddOne. if you are looking for a parallel amp with the 4780, i'd probably go with one of those, they seem to garuentee it, and mine is just "it should work".

i should be making pcbs today at 8pm. if all goes well, i will have a finished product on a scope by midnight and a review tomorrow.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.