Newbie GC complete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nuuk said:
Yes, please contact me (use the form on DD) with any suggestions for the FAQ page. ;)
It turns out that most of the legibility issues are because I'm using Firefox. I tried IE and it looks better. It's just a case of sorting your CSS out ( or just let the non-IEers suffer :smash: )

I tried the amp on a ML Ascent ( singular :D ) and there was some scary clipping sound at even listenable volume, enough to scare then pants of the owner :D

How can I measure the amps ability for difficult loads without testing them on an actual speaker? Any chance of testing with just a DMM?

I also want to get the other channel going asap using the same traffo (single secondary winding) and the one rectifier bridge if possible. Can I simply take another set of wires from the rectifier bridge for the second channel and assume the voltage will be split between the two channels (a boon in this case as output after rectification is currently ~37v = hot chip).

Infact if my reasoning above is correct (please confirm someone) then I think I can wire the primary side of the traffo differently and get a little more juice out of it.

It turns out that most of the legibility issues are because I'm using Firefox. I tried IE and it looks better. It's just a case of sorting your CSS out ( or just let the non-IEers suffer

Quite so. Mr Gates please note and send me lots of money to make all these repribates get into line and use IE. :D

How can I measure the amps ability for difficult loads without testing them on an actual speaker? Any chance of testing with just a DMM?

Are you developing a commercial amp Vikash? :devilr: If not why are you looking for trouble? ;) I'm not an expert on this subject but you may be able to try different load resistors. Over to the experts.......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.