Looking for successful Zobel cases - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2004, 01:32 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
#9 here: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...ht=#post357726

Adding zobel makes no change.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 21st May 2004, 01:42 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

#42 REALLY stupid question....

Oscillation occur, zobel is suggested, but everything is fine after changing ground connections.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 21st May 2004, 01:42 AM   #23
diyAudio Retiree

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
Fred,

If I still was a moderator, I would ask you to stay on topic. Go back to your other favourite thread, if you have nothing (else related to the main subject) to say.

I didn't expect you'd be a game for GC boards

To make it clear for you, I'm looking for actual cases where Zobel was find useful, not theoretical. I don't know why this bothers you.

It doesn't. On the subject of moderation, your not a moderator, you resigned remember?

I believe I am still on topic. Your efforts to say otherwise smell of censorship. Maybe an official moderator can step in to make the judgment call. The measurements have been shown and you wanted to know more about moamps setup. I think you need enough theory to ask him what the capacitance of the speaker wire is. One can only wonder why you are trying so hard not to understand how the network works and how much capacitance is enough to be problematic without a zobel. What exactly is your agenda? You seem to think mine is selling everyone zobel networks I guess. I would just like people to understand how the circuit works and seem to be joined by others in this desire. Efforts to the contrary and self-serving motivations hardly contribute to learning and the free exchange of factual and verifiable information on the forum. This is not a matter of opinion type discussion or indecipherable theory. This is very straight forward electronics and an excellent subject for measurement and simple circuit explanations. Tell me in whose interest you are speaking and what is hurt (other than maybe your pride) by an understanding of how a zobel works. I really don't understand what you are afraid of .....
Old 21st May 2004, 01:46 AM   #24
Banned

peter, your examples above: should we really look on cases were people are not even able to put decoupling caps on the chips?
Old 21st May 2004, 01:49 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

#1 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...ht=#post268209

amp oscillates, zobel no help
Old 21st May 2004, 01:51 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred Dieckmann

It doesn't. On the subject of moderation, your not a moderator, you resigned remember?

I believe I am still on topic. Your efforts to say otherwise smell of censorship. Maybe an official moderator can step in to make the judgment call. The measurements have been shown and you wanted to know more about moamps setup. I think you need enough theory to ask him what the capacitance of the speaker wire is. One can only wonder why you are trying so hard not to understand how the network works and how much capacitance is enough to be problematic without a zobel. What exactly is your agenda? You seem to think mine is selling everyone zobel networks I guess. I would just like people to understand how the circuit works and seem to be joined by others in this desire. Efforts to the contrary and self-serving motivations hardly contribute to learning and the free exchange of factual and verifiable information on the forum. This is not a matter of opinion type discussion or indecipherable theory. This is very straight forward electronics and an excellent subject for measurement and simple circuit explanations. Tell me in whose interest you are speaking and what is hurt (other than maybe your pride) by an understanding of how a zobel works. I really don't understand what you are afraid of .....
Read again, I'm not concerned with Moamp setup, I know it's good.
I merely suggested that other people setups may not be up to the task.
Old 21st May 2004, 01:58 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

#26 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...ht=#post259811

amp oscillates, adding coupling cap to ground resistor (from -IN) solves the problem
Old 21st May 2004, 02:06 AM   #28
diyAudio Member

#40 Hissing + DC offset of Bridge-Parallel GainClone

Hissing problem, a guy adds additional series resistor with 10 turns of wire ari=ound it, hiss is gone
Old 21st May 2004, 02:11 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

#1 http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...ht=#post206709

Zobel slightly modified, nevertherless still distorting. Placing higher value series resistor at the output helps.
Old 21st May 2004, 02:14 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

#2060http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=201392&highlight=#post201 392
Frank admits that zobel is better than nothing

Hide this!Advertise here!