Looking for successful Zobel cases - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th May 2004, 11:49 PM   #11
moamps is offline moamps  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackDog
So anyway, are you referring to the blurry region at the peak and trough of the sinewave as the MHz oscillations???
Blurry region is ca 2MHz oscillation at 10kHz sinewave.
Quote:
If yes, then what are your timebase and sensitivity set to on the 'scope, and what frequency is your input signal??
10kHz input, ca 40Vpp level on the IC output, a crappy Technics speaker

Regards
Old 20th May 2004, 11:53 PM   #12
jam is offline jam  United States
diyAudio Member

http://ampchipdiy.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=224
Old 20th May 2004, 11:59 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Peter Daniel
Quote:
Originally posted by jam
http://ampchipdiy.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=224
I wasn't looking for a definiton of Zobel

“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 21st May 2004, 12:27 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moamps

Blurry region is ca 2MHz oscillation at 10kHz sinewave.

10kHz input, ca 40Vpp level on the IC output, a crappy Technics speaker

Regards

Thanks Moamps,

I'll try and replicate with similar parameters.

SteveM
Old 21st May 2004, 01:54 AM   #15
diyAudio Retiree

"Zobel Network: A capacitor and resistor of specific values, placed in series across the loudspeaker terminals of an amplifier, to reduce oscillations which can cause instability and excessive heat-output from the chip."

From the http://ampchipdiy.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=224 link

"I wasn't looking for a definiton of Zobel"

Maybe you should ........... I think anyone with a basic understanding of
electronics should find enough information in the diyAudio Forums > Top > Amplifiers > Chip Amps > Do we need Zobel with chip amp thread to see how one works.

The only controversy on zoble networks seems to be your refusal to show the slightest interest in how they work in order to derive some criteria of when they are required and when they are not. Well maybe spliting the thread, for reasons that escape me, is controversial. I think everyone would be quite happy to discuss this in a new thread if desired. I would be happy to rehash to relevent points in this thread as well.
Old 21st May 2004, 02:04 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Fred,

If I still was a moderator, I would ask you to stay on topic. Go back to your other favourite thread, if you have nothing (else related to the main subject) to say.

I didn't expect you'd be a game for GC boards

To make it clear for you, I'm looking for actual cases where Zobel was find useful, not theoretical. I don't know why this bothers you.
“Do something really well. See how much time it takes. It might be a product, a work of art, who knows? Then give it away cheaply, just because you feel that it should not cost so much, even if it took a lot of time and expensive materials to make it.” - JC
Old 21st May 2004, 02:08 AM   #17
diyAudio Retiree

Default On the other hand

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Daniel
It would be also interesting to know what circuit, and how implemented, they use. I had also problems with instability, but it was fixed after changing grounds layout.
Why is it such a stretch that problems of instability should respond to the correct application of a Zobel network then? I am really confused with where you are going with this........ Are you trying to concede gradually or is this latest information supposed to support your position? Hasn't this been beat into the ground enough at this point? We really don't want to cut into your amp building time over an 'agree to disagree' type issue.
Old 21st May 2004, 02:12 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Fred,

I'm already tired of your "brilliant" persistance. I'll do some search on my part. This is a first thread I found. I know there is much more, similar: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...ht=#post382347
Old 21st May 2004, 02:22 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Fred,

If you want to play the game, I'm looking for posts like #23 in this thread: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...bel#post387284

But again, the guy had 10,000U caps way off the chip, and no caps at the chip, so his setup might have beeen compromised.
Old 21st May 2004, 02:28 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

#2279 in this http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...ht=#post379186

But again, home made triple Cat cables. BTW, this amp performed splendidly in my setup, was built the same as all the other. First complain from field customer, probably the first customer with home made Cat 5 speaker cables

Hide this!Advertise here!