buffered pre..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I had a look around but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm using a Tripath eval board and my original plan was to just to have the inputs wired to a crossfeed circuit (for headphones) then into my TKD pot and into the Tripath. This works well enough but I've been informed that a buffered input sounds better than my pure passive. Great I thought, now what the hell is a bufered input :xeye:

Now it has to be said I'm a bit of a dumbass on all this and was wondering if someone would be willing to spend a few minutes explaining what this does exactely and how I might go about making one. I know what buering is in the general sense but not on the specifics of preamps. The simpler the better.. both in explanation and circuitry, remember the dumbass comment above :rolleyes: :D

Just in case you need some incentive I'll show you my little design so you'll have pity and let the wee amp sing to full potential.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.