My 1st DIY project - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th May 2004, 03:53 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Fiber-glass resin with a little catalyst would be a better option than hot silicon... it wouldn't be as hot (it gets a little warm when it dries, but is not really hot) and would be much better for damping.
Old 7th May 2004, 07:39 PM   #12
pk386 is offline pk386  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for all of the replies.
1st ) I'd like to apologize for the "geocites" Problems I now realize I need to find a better webserver.

2) Yes Taco, One day I would like to try the gain clone project. But due to my senior project coming up, a Mono block 2ohm stable car amp, I won't be able to get in to many other projects until after graduation.

But, one of my instructors Purchased a few of the kits (I think they are BrianGT's) and I think he is planning of finishing them next fall. I can not wait to hear them.

3) Yea the soldering did take a little patients, but the reason I did Point-to-point Was be cause of the influence of a graduate student at USM. Mr. Garcia would always do his little projects on one pice of a ruined uneched circuit board. Any ways he is graduating this semester I to told him I would do one P-T-P project in Honor of him.

Oh and to keep the project form shorting out I covered the metal plate that covered the bottom with electrical tape and the wire is solid strand and keeps the parts from moving around too much, so as long as I don't abuse it it'll be ok.

4) I used RCA because I just had the RCA connectors laying around and thought I'd use them for maximum flexibility. (I can't wait to use the amp with my Game Cube and play "Legend of Zelda- the wind waker" with head phones )

5) I used the Burrbrown OPA-2134.

and Needtubes what is the Tangen's walkthrough you are referring to? I was not able to find it with the search function.
Old 7th May 2004, 07:48 PM   #13
joensd is offline joensd  Germany
diyAudio Member

Tangents cmoy-page is here

Hide this!Advertise here!