Pics of my new amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally finished my first chip amp.
It uses 1 TDA 7293 per channel. Transformer is 2x23V 300VA. There are 6x4700uF caps in supply, and another 4x1000uF near each chip.

The sound is :) :cool:

Attachments

• amp1.jpg
    amp1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,210
Cro maniac said:
This little fellow didn't make it :dead:

:hot: How did that happen? Were there flames involved, or just a lot of smoke? Very nice looking amp, though. Did you put the printing on the front pannel yourself, or did you buy it that way? If you did it yourself, I'd like to know how. Just out of curiosity, what are the toggle switches and LED's on the left side of the amp for?

How did that happen? Were there flames involved, or just a lot of smoke?

accidentaly I shorted -Vs and GND while testing, and the chip exploded (a lot of light smoke and noise). Big badaboom.

Did you put the printing on the front pannel yourself, or did you buy it that way? If you did it yourself, I'd like to know how.

I did it myself. I used some thing called letraset. Those are little letters on a piece of transparent paper. You can buy them in bookstores. The only thing you have to do is place that transparent sheet ove some surface and write over letter which you want, and it will stick to the surface. It is very simple process.

Just out of curiosity, what are the toggle switches and LED's on the left side of the amp for?

The first switch is for powering the preamp. Little green led indicates when it is on.
Second switch is for mute/play. There is a little light in the main power switch of the amp which goes off when you turn the amp on. Then the red LED below second switch goes on indicating that amp is on. Green LED goes on when you put the amp in play mode.
The third switch is for selecting sound path (direct from chinch or over the preamp).

Quote: "I did it myself. I used some thing called letraset. Those are little letters on a piece of transparent paper. You can buy them in bookstores. The only thing you have to do is place that transparent sheet ove some surface and write over letter which you want, and it will stick to the surface. It is very simple process."

Is it resistant to scratching & humidity?

Is it resistant to scratching & humidity?

It is resistant to humidity, but if the surface is very smooth you will be able to scratch it off easily

I found it at office max...
outrageously expensive (5 times higher than in Belgium) and there is limited choice in letter style
but it does the job.

Here in Croatia 1 package of letraset costs about 2$ in bookstore. In that package you get 3 sheets of letraset. Each in different font, and each containing about 10 pieces of each letter (including numbers, dots, brackets, question marks,...)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.