[INDIA] Any DIYer made a Gainclone in India. willing to help? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th May 2004, 09:14 AM   #31
arasuk is offline arasuk  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to arasuk Send a message via AIM to arasuk
hi ashok,

I dont know if the tda 7294 could work well as i purchased it for almost the same price 3 of them and blew them all one by one.

might be Fakes, looked good to me but ,sorry !! I had this bad experince , be care full when you are testing those. If It works well let me know and where did you purchase them, I might try It again , as those Tda 7294 Specs boast very well.

Thanks.
Old 10th May 2004, 04:51 PM   #32
diyAudio Member

Hi Arasuk,
Can you describe how the chips failed. I find others from Europe who have also talked about blowing up chips. They have no reason to get fakes of the TDA series ( I think ).
Anyway chip power amps have quirks and making any small mistake seems to result in a cooked chip.
Hope I can avoid that . If the chip is a fake it will eventually blow.

I also picked up a TDA2050 which I expect to blow !!

Frankly it's disgusting to get caught up with all this fake stuff. I'd rather pay more and get genuine stuff. The cost of the chip is only a fraction of the time and money spent on the exercise.

Look at the "Fake Elna Capacitors" thread and I get even more concerned if we are getting genuine capacitors in our market. Most fake stuff apparently originates in Delhi and Mumbai. Fake Chinese companies must LOVE the Delhi component ( bulk) buyer because he WANTS the fake stuff !
I'm told that if you ask the Chinese supplier to give you a part that costs US$100/- for US$10/- ( like many Indian bulk buyers do ) , they will agree without batting an eyelid. They WILL supply you crap . On the other hand if you make sensible dealings with them you get VERY good stuff !
Old 11th May 2004, 09:36 AM   #33
palesha is offline palesha  India
diyAudio Member

groyne asked
"do you know if these guys also make toroids?"

There is a nice manufacturer in Pune.
Torotrans
Ph: 26933077
Call them & u will get the torrodoil as u want.

arasuk said
I dont know if the tda 7294 could work well as i purchased it for almost the same price 3 of them and blew them all one by one.

We hv also bad experience about TDA 7294. Better to use LM3886. It is more reliable.

Hope this info is useful to my friends here
Old 11th May 2004, 04:43 PM   #34
groyne is offline groyne  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to groyne
thank you palesha.

will get on to it tomorrow.

cheers.
Old 13th May 2004, 06:50 AM   #35
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to smarcher
Hi sunil

got your BrianGT kit?
Old 13th May 2004, 09:31 AM   #36
sunil is offline sunil  India
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I got the BrianGT kit. It is beautiful & very professional. Now all I need to do is put it together.

cheers,
sunil
Old 17th May 2004, 06:16 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Having looked at recent posts on the thread I ll provide some of my experiences here in Pakistan.
I ve been using ST micro electronics chips for some time and found that they blow up very easily, solution supply voltage should be around 15% less than recomended volatge, ensure that there is no short circuit as TDA729x data sheets suggests that short circuit protection works well at ZERO INPUT VOLTAGE.
Fake parts and Microchips are very very common here too, and best solution I have found is ask some friend/family member living abroad to send in part or better yet buy them oneslf on foreign trips. All fake items "COURTESY CHINA" and our vendors who want to earn more and more.
LM3886 seems a better choice in Amplifiers and if u could find OPA that 'd be the best chioce.
Old 5th June 2004, 02:35 PM   #38
tcpip is offline tcpip  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ashok
I also picked up a TDA2050 which I expect to blow !!

Frankly it's disgusting to get caught up with all this fake stuff. I'd rather pay more and get genuine stuff. The cost of the chip is only a fraction of the time and money spent on the exercise.
I fully feel the same way. But when I tell people about RS India, which legally imports genuine parts from the UK and supplies practically all the things which we have discussed on this forum, I almost always get to hear reactions with words like "scam" and "fleecing." And I hear examples of prices of pliers or whatever....

The truth is that we have seen thirty or forty posts discussing availability of chip amps in this thread. The NS series of chips are available from RS India for the princely sums of Rs.550 to Rs.650. I don't know whether any of the DIYers on this forum will buy these amp chps from RS India. We seem to have all the time in the world to look for unreliable, lesser known suppliers, because they are cheap. (I include myself very much in this category.) We'll all keep cribbing, keep looking for shady little shops which sell these chips without bills, which will have stocks today but will not know about them tomorrow....

It sometimes does appear that we get what we ask for.
Old 8th June 2004, 06:51 PM   #39
palesha is offline palesha  India
diyAudio Member

It always looks green at other side. But in reality we hv always read here that fake components r available everywhere. There r many kind of shopkeepers. They r mostly nontechnical people. Further they hv their own resources of buying components. My friend who is a component supplier, also get cheated many times. Hence it is better to select our supplier. On lamington road i hv purchased many IC's till today. I got 10% of my purchase as fake. ok. Next time i don't go to such shops. But just paying 550/- for LM 3886 is horrible. I got it for Rs. 130/- only. They r excellent.
Even i hv purchased TDA7294 from reputed shop in Singapore & 50% of the material was defective. In Singapore the laws r very strict. Still such things r happening.
In mumbai there r genion importers but they supply in bulk. If someone makes group & give the order to such importers, then everybody here can get good material at assured & good price.
Old 18th August 2004, 02:05 PM   #40
iphadke is offline iphadke  India
diyAudio Member

Hello Mahendra,

I'm in Pune too - have been following this and a few other threads rather silently - I am barely getting my feet wet, and would rather listen to folks like you first! I did a lot of electronic kit building a few years back, so am familiar with Kings, Pioneer, Tejwin, Rajeev etc in Pune. Which place did you buy the 3886 from?

Also, any idea about Indian brands of Drivers? I saw a few threads (Navin, George, Ashok, SSai you and others) where this issue was discussed, but they seem to gravitate more towards drivers from abroad.

TIA,

Neel

Hide this!Advertise here!