[INDIA] Any DIYer made a Gainclone in India. willing to help? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2004, 04:08 AM   #21
groyne is offline groyne  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to groyne
hi guys. i'm a relative newbie too....
i'm just about starting to make the BPA - 200 amp...after a post here, and reading a few, it seems the servos in the An -1192 app notes aren't necessary.

BPA - 200 questions(newbie)

having said that, making the pcb is a pain cause, hell how do i mount the ic's on the heatsink!!! the 3886 doesn't come in a very heatsink friendly pattern. any help would be really appreciated!!
like, maybe, pcb layout for e.g.

abidr, i would be very grateful if yo would mail/post the schematics of your project. that would gimme a fiar idea about how to get started.

also, lastly, how and where do i get 0.1ohms/5 w resistors. if i don't want to include the srvos, i'll need to have these at the output.

thanks.
Old 2nd May 2004, 06:42 AM   #22
palesha is offline palesha  India
diyAudio Member

Pune hv small component market in Budhwar peth. U can get the resisitor u want from TRIO Radio or Pioneer electronics. This r very popular shops. Hope u know this.
Old 2nd May 2004, 01:58 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Why the fixation on 71 V anyway?
No fixation here. I wanted to use the "Elna - for Audio" cap.

I found some 63V 10,000u caps ( strange make ) for Rs110/- .
So the 71 volt type you mentioned is suitable voltage and price wise. I would be buying probably 12 at a time .
I called Cee Pee and they said they would have to order it.

Cheers.
Ashok.
Old 2nd May 2004, 04:50 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

hey, yeah i did go to budhwar peth just yesterday, been buying stuff from there for a while now. went to trio and pioneer and kings. also went to Rajiv off tilak rd and all 4 looked at me *** if i was an idiot...oh well

thanks anyway.
Old 2nd May 2004, 05:54 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Ashok, before you sink money into those caps, perhaps you should buy just one and post a pic here. Or else I can ask my friend to do the same, only she'll probably be a bit scared to remove the cover from the amp... I'm not sure if these are original or not, because Elna's website does not have pics resembling them. They might be New Old Stock, but in case someone who's used them can comment, that would be good.

0.1 ohm 5W wirewound resistors enclosed in ceramic (often mistakenly called "fusible" resistors by component shopkeepers) should be commonly available in most places.

From the other threads, esp the one on Das Modul, it seems like horizontal placement of the devices would help, if they go through an Aluminium "L" section before being attached to the heatsink.
Old 5th May 2004, 12:08 PM   #26
palesha is offline palesha  India
diyAudio Member

Dear groyne,
In fact pioneer is also supplying custom made resistors. same thing applies to TRIO. They personally know me hence they might hv favoured me. I also buy from Electro syndicate next to Phadgate policechowky Ph: 24471284 and also at shree electronics near Appa balwant chowk. If u still get problem then let me know. I will get then for u.
Old 5th May 2004, 02:07 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

hey palesha,

thanks a lot man! but as of right now, i've put the bpa - 200 on hold. going to make the LM4780 60W stereo amp first. need 2.7 ohm o/p resistors for that. they should be easier to get.

sorry to keep bugging you, but just out of curiosity, do you know if these guys also make toroids? everyone says they'll wind e-i core transformers acc to my specifications but no one will make toroids...not that i'll use one anyway, because they are too expensive.

and, lastly, where is electro syndicate??i've never heard of phadgate police chowky (in pune for 14 years now.shame on me.)

thanks,
g
Old 8th May 2004, 05:49 AM   #28
arasuk is offline arasuk  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to arasuk Send a message via AIM to arasuk
Smile 10,000 uf 71 v caps

Hi Ashok,

These caps are Available at Cee Pee Electronics , But when I measured them I found their max Capacitance was 5900 uf and can handle only 63 v . and theres fake available too so be care full about choosing these caps.

In case you need them from Cee PEE Refer to Mr Chandresh Hes a nice man and can get you these caps very fast. I know Cee Pee very well.

thanks bye , let me know if more details needed.
Old 8th May 2004, 03:49 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks.

Hi Arasuk,
Thanks for the info. I actually bought some though Roadkill warned me to buy one and check it. I was in a hurry.
Anyway I found that Elna do not have a 71V 10,000uF cap in their product range. Look at my post on the Chip amps forum ( Fake ELNA capacitors )
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...760#post389760

There is a picture there. I exchanged them this evening for Samsung capacitors ( different value).
I bought a TDA7294 last evening for Rs125/-. I wonder if that will turn out to be a dud ! They asked for 140/- but then decided to drop the price. This seems to be about the price others are paying for it (US$2.80).
Old 8th May 2004, 07:51 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Really sorry about the capacitors being fakes... anyhow, I guess since you got them exchanged, it's not too bad. I'm building a sub amp right now, I'm using Alcon electrolytics (10000uF, 63V). Let's see how it goes. I'm building it into a plastic case (Gainta), which looks neat and is easy to work with, but horribly expensive (would you believe, Rs. 730 for a 240x160x80 box!).

Hide this!Advertise here!