Help needed on choosing amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all. I am very new to this forum but I have been reading a lot about this chipamps and I would like to build one based on a ready made LM1875 board. So far I have experience with class D, but the sound not completely convinced me (tryed SMSL SA50 and FX Audio FX502Spro).
I have seen this board recommended in another blog:

AIYIMA Placa LM1875 Amplificador Amplificadores de Audio 20Wx2 Amp Com Protecao Speaker Terminou Bordo em Amplificador de Eletronicos no AliExpress.com | Alibaba Group

Can you please give me some directions? The design seems good? Thanks

Thank you all for your quick answers. I don't think the supplier will provide schematics :) .
Which transformer should I use with that LM1876 (can you provide a link) and what is the difference with LM1875?

LM1876 reminds somewhat of the LM1875. LM1876 has got slightly lower THD (0.009%) and can output slightly more power in 8 Ohm because it can handle supply voltages up to +/-32V. Apart from that, one ZIP-15 package contains two amplifiers (stereo) and some control inputs.
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm1876.pdf
I will suggest a 2x18Vac (120VA or 150VA) transformer for such a board.

I do not know, I have never had a single one.
If Chinese transformers are attractive to buy depends on where you are living. The prices are not dramatic but the transportation costs quite high due to the weight.
Transformers in general are low-tech and I would expect Chinese transformers to be OK. The problem is if you have to double an attractive price due to transportation. Then the total cost may equal what a local transformer costs. Most regions around the world have toroidal transformers produced in a nearby country or region with reduced salary levels.
For the same price (and quality) I generally buy local.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.