my pc amplifier is not working..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello people,

i just bought a Creative SoundBlaster X7 and have some weird problems with it, so im hoping someone here can help me out.. im not that pro in pc's thats why. i've sound through the amplifier but the control panel cant detect my amplifier so i cant make the volume harder or less. i plugged in the USB port and the power supply and the light on it is burning so atleast it has power.. anyone have any solution for what i can do?? (by the way i dont know if this is the good topic for it, im sorry if its not)

The SB X7 includes a TPA3116 chip amplifier. It could have been for the "class D" section, but lets face your problem instead.

The SB X7 is particular in that it is an external soundcard (USB type) with a power amplifier (TPA3116 based) inside the box.

You state, you can hear the music but can't raise or reduce the volume. Correct so far?

Soundcards can be very particular and require the right driver from the manufacturer to work. Some frequent and standard equipped soundcards may be supported by the operating system by default. X7 is a sophisticated and very recent soundcard it seems. My SB G5 only works well with the proprietary SB driver and under Windows 10. Some basic facilities work under Linux as well but not all functionality.

Do you use Windows 10 and did you download and install this particular SB X7 driver?

After installation of the driver, you have to configure the sound device correctly in Windows 10 setup. Have you done so?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.