to get just 10 watt from the TDA2030:please take a look to this amp board!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
10 watts into 4 ohm would require an output voltage of 6.3v rms. That would mean running on around 20 volts DC to generate that.

6.3 multiplied by root 2 gives 8.9 volts peak or 17.8 volts peak to peak. Allow a little for losses and 20 volts should be about right.

(Its actually much better to have a bit of extra headroom rather than put strict limits on power output. No harm will come to a 10w speaker running off a 20 watt amp, but you might cause speaker damage by running it off a 10w amp that is clipping)

ah Mooly, by the way: for the power supply I've a transformer with this features:
single phase secondary (I mean: only two cables on the secondary side)/ 19,5 volt/ 55 watt max/ 2,5 amp.
Well, waht do you think about this power supply?...Could I use it to feed two TDA2030 amp board (like the one in the link above)?
thank you for your kindness, Mooly!;)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
That transformer would give around 27 volts dc which is above what the board details recommend unless you change the capacitors for higher voltage ones.

A 2.5A secondary is under rated in theory (for two channels at maximum output) but in practice would probably OK for normal music.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.