Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th April 2004, 05:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 5.1 Volume control with PGA2310

Hi "DIY"ers
I ve got a question today, attached is a zip file which contains schematics for PGA2310 which unfortunatley is in pdf format, with PIC16F877. My question is that does any one have the schematics and PCB layouts of this sort, or better like 5.1 application in any of the circuit designing software like Protel99Se, Circuit maker 2000 or proteus then please post it here or email me.
I'd certainly appreciate the help.
Old 22nd April 2004, 11:31 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Is there anyone ambitious enough to have embarked on such a project? I wonder?
Old 22nd April 2004, 11:47 AM   #3
Banned

abidr, there is no published, and those files i send you should not be published before we have final results and the device is working. There is a multichannel preamp with PIC18******* and PGA2311 from elektor. As far as i know the stereo version was published in the last elektor, multichannel will follow.

You have to wait until Pieter changes the stereo version to multichannel, or take the circuit diagramm and draw a new version by yourself - you will have my guidance for this. A start would be to redraw the schematics you recived in you preferred software.

Everbody else who wants to work on it is welcome of corse.
Old 22nd April 2004, 03:56 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Till:
Hi Bro: Thanks for the reply I just wanted to know if someone else has emabarked on this sort of project, for a starter I will be drawing the PCB and schematics for the stereo version, on weekend, good news is that just today recieved Protel 2004 sofware and I guess files send in by u should work in it.. will get back 2 u at ur email.
Rehan
Old 26th April 2004, 05:02 AM   #5
skmenon is offline skmenon  Singapore
diyAudio Member

Default Digital pot for 5.1

hi abidr,

have you started with your project. i am also interested in knowing how the volume is controlled. Can you control channels individually as well as together? Do you need to program the chip?

I have built a 5.1 amp and would like to experiment with the digital pot.

regds
Old 26th April 2004, 10:02 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
have you started with your project.
A stereo version of this is working with a software for controller that has not all features planned implemented yet, abidr is busy modifying the schemtatic for 6 channels instead of 2.

Quote:
i am also interested in knowing how the volume is controlled.
It is controlled with a switchable resistor array in the PGA2310 / 2311
Quote:
Can you control channels individually as well as together?
This only depends on software implemetation, at the moment our software is working with all channels get same volume, individual levels will follow later. The hardware does fully support this.
Quote:
Do you need to program the chip?
someone needs to do so
Old 26th April 2004, 03:51 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I think, till has answered all the question, I have modified the schematics, which will have to be reviewed then will come the tricky part and thats PCB layout, will be working on it on weekend as it will be a 3 days weekend, compared to noram which is 1 day back here in pakistan.

Once I m done I ll get back to the forum.
Till then keep ur fingers crossed.
Old 26th April 2004, 03:57 PM   #8
krishu is offline krishu  Europe
diyAudio Member

Hi,

you may easily parallel three PGA2310/11 and get a fice-channel-plus-sub-volume control. This can be don with the Elektor solution, Ulrich Böhmke of ub-Audio (www.ub-audio.com) sells a kit (which i have built: look at www.krishu.de > hifi > electronics > pre) and there are even more (at least in Germany) who sell or build stuff like that.

Cheers
Christian.
Old 26th April 2004, 07:36 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to w00t1985
This is quite interesting. I've read up on the PGA2310 chip, and pretty much understand how that will work. Yay. But I'm not sure what to use as the controller chip? Would that be the PIC16F877 you mentioned? Also, you just need the one controller chip, and then as many of the PGA2310 chips as needed, correct?

Thanks!
Old 26th April 2004, 08:25 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Would that be the PIC16F877 you mentioned?
You don´t need a big microcontroller like the 877 only for control of some PGAs. You need it if you want a LCD, some relays, whatever. A preview on a device with more features here: http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~tpa/space/IM002696b.jpg

A small MC works also: http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~tpa/PGA/index.html
Quote:
Also, you just need the one controller chip, and then as many of the PGA2310 chips as needed, correct
Yes you can control as many PGAs with one MC as you want. How fast we will be ready to publish one like that with 6 channels depends widely how many time abidr finds to work on the layout.

Hide this!Advertise here!