Stereo to mono at speaker outputs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. I am building a small stereo in a box to use at work. This is the amp I am using.
Ghxamp TPA3116 2.1 Subwoofer Bluetooth Amplifier Board 2X50W + 100W For Subwoofer Bluetooth 4.2 Speaker Car Home Theater-in Amplifier from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group to Clipboard

The plan is that the amp will be mounted in one of the speaker boxes. And the second speaker will be remote. So what would be the best way to add a mono switch? So that if I want to just use the one box but still have all the sound and not lose a channel?
Thanks in advance

Joined 2011
But there is also a Bluetooth input built in.
Is there anyway I could do it at the left and right speaker outputs?

You don't want to short those BTL outputs directly together.
If there was a pcb schematic, there may be a place to
short the two channels together with a switch, perhaps after
the relay that switches between RCA and Bluetooth.

It may be best to run in mono by switching the source that is
in use to mono, if possible.

Last edited:
Last edited:
How us that gonna help me switch from stereo to mono? I have speakers.

You may have speakers but are they dual voice coil? The units I suggest can have a stereo input and both channels of the amp are totally isolated. Hence, stereo information from one driver. That solves your problem. No damage to the amp and only 2 drivers. No need to alter the input to mono..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.