LM1875 working but cuts off when a speaker is connected.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are the schematics. I swap from +/-15v to +/- 22v it might work but no go, I also change the fiters to 10,000uF 50V. When I change R1 the is a faint signal but only in frequencies 2.96kHz to 19.8KHz. The IC it not warm either, but the output still collapses when load is connected to output. The DC voltage output sometimes spike to 100mV when powering up then it goes to 7mV with load connected.

Attachments

• 20W Power ampifier.png
    20W Power ampifier.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 20W power amp PSU.png
    20W power amp PSU.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 95
I am actually confused with the way how the power is connected from power supply board to the amplifier board. On the amplifier board I see the three wires blue-black-yellow ( - GND + ), but I don't see them connected to corresponding output pins on the power supply board at all. Did you connect the amplifier board to some other, external, power supply?
Also, you have the red wires as outputs from the amplifier, but from which point you take the reference GND to connect the load/speaker?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.