a vintage DIY amp kit:is it simple or not?please look!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys!
just for fun and in order to learn (I'm still a newbie!:() I would buy this vintage amp module kit (please see the picture below)
It's very...very cheap, because is a new old stock.
Is it easy to assemble, in your opinion?...the things that worry me mostly are the two trimmers on the circuit board: i mean their setting.It's the first time for me, but I love so much this vintage DIY amp kit!
What do you think?...Do I give it a chance?
Please guys give me your opinion!
Thank you very much:)
Regards

Attachments

• pantec kit.JPG
    pantec kit.JPG
    711.1 KB · Views: 272
It is a simple, discrete stereo amplifier with a single potentiometer (per channel) for adjustment (probably bias current or offset voltage). It should be fairly easy to assemble but you need a multimeter to do the adjustment (with the potentiometer).
If it is that cheap, give it a chance. DIY involves running a small risk that the project will fail, but we learn all the time.
Have fun.

Last edited:
Joined 2009
Paid Member
The MoFo would be a good option as well. There's a whole thread about it in the Pass subsection.

The kit shown in Post #1 should work well enough, though. I wouldn't expect HiFi quality, but rather a good learning experience. As suggested above, the electrolytic caps may have dried out and should probably be replaced. Then again, they might not have.

One of the many LM3886-based amps could provide the same learning experience and possibly better sound too. It'll be less plug-n-play in most cases, though.

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.