Recapping my LM3875 + snubberized psu BB gainclone. Help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi everyone, I have a 12 year old gainclone that would need to have the elctrolytics recapped.

Ive attached the picture of the Carlos snubberized PSU.

1- May someone point out, apart from the ELNA 10000uf, what else needs to be recapped on this board?

2- on the amp side, im unable to find the exact schematic. can someone point out the exact schematic or someone kindly tell me which electrolytic caps needs to be replaced on the amp boards.

thanks very much!

Attachments

• IMG_0274.jpg
    IMG_0274.jpg
    633.3 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    728.7 KB · Views: 210
The PSUs appear to be the Chipamp.com snubberized CarlosFM boards. I recognize them cause they're similar to mine, and the chipamp.com lettermark is on them. The company went out of business recently, but the schematics and parts lists are floating all over the Web, so it should be easy to identify things.

If you do later have to recap, on the PSU boards, the four blue squares (well, cuboid-shaped) things are caps.

IIRC on that version of the amp boards (also sold by Chipamp.com), there are 4 caps, the cylindrical ones and the cuboid ones beside them in and around the two circles printed on the PCBs.

What version does it say on the PSU boards? What version on the amp boards? Just be careful if you recap to get the same values, as there were several versions of those boards (at least the amp boards).

Last edited:
Only 'lytics would need recapping - and only if they are worn out for real.

To stay on the safe side, it would be best to replace them with the same type and manufacture that was installed originally.

But otherwise, Panasonic FR are cost-effective and long-lasting. Not really audiophile; on the colder/sterile side of things, but still workable.

The PSUs appear to be the Chipamp.com snubberized CarlosFM boards. I recognize them cause they're similar to mine, and the chipamp.com lettermark is on them. The company went out of business recently, but the schematics and parts lists are floating all over the Web, so it should be easy to identify things.

If you do later have to recap, on the PSU boards, the four blue squares (well, cuboid-shaped) things are caps.

IIRC on that version of the amp boards (also sold by Chipamp.com), there are 4 caps, the cylindrical ones and the cuboid ones beside them in and around the two circles printed on the PCBs.

What version does it say on the PSU boards? What version on the amp boards? Just be careful if you recap to get the same values, as there were several versions of those boards (at least the amp boards).
hi, thanks a lot

my psu snubberrized is:
carlos flipe rev.1
it appears to have 2 10 000uf 63v elna eletroclytics, and one small 10uf 50v electrolytic. are the small 4 blue caps on the psu boards are also electrolytics? Im unable to see the value of the 4 blue caps

amps boards:
the amp boards doesnt appear to have any indication as to which version I have... the amp boards are red and a small number 2 is written on a corner of each boards
on each amp board, I see that there's two black caps that I know are electrolytic, but are the 2 blue ones also electrolytic? im unable to see the value of every caps on the amp boards so any help finding the exact schematic would be very helpful!

thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0275.jpg
    IMG_0275.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.