More GC Power Trouble

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I've almost got my Gainclone worked out, but I have several problems.

My toroid is a 18-0-18, Its got 4 secondary leads and 2 primary leads. That was all straight forward, 2 primarys to wall, 1 pair secondaries to 1 rectifier. Now, after rectification, I get the same voltage. It's supposed to go up to like 25v isn't it?

Secondly, I've had the amp working and everything of 38v, but after about 3 seconds the sound just goes distored and so I turn it off. What would cause this? The sound works fine for the first 3 seconds.

Woot. I think I've got it now, when I've just got the 1 rectifier from 1 pair of secondaries, I get 25v under load (well when the amp is connected and turned on anyways).

So now I just need to make some nice little boards to glue all components down to and solder it all up again. Get my fuses worked out (well put some in to start with:D)

Any ideas what would be cause the sound to start distorting after about 3 seconds? Could it have been because I was feeding 1 chip 50v?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.