Q: TDA7293 Mute (& Standby) Function

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1) Does anyone know if the TDA7293 has a audible turn-on/off transient making the use of the MUTE feature mandatory? Although the data sheet doesn't come out & say it directly, I infer that it may have a transient. I would appreciate confirmation on this.

speaker

speaker said:
1) Does anyone know if the TDA7293 has a audible turn-on/off transient making the use of the MUTE feature mandatory? Although the data sheet doesn't come out & say it directly, I infer that it may have a transient. I would appreciate confirmation on this.

speaker

I continued to dig for info on this and I'll pass on what I found should anyone want to use this chip.

The TDA7293 mute/standby be must used or a thump will occur during turn-on/turn-off. The function can be controlled by a CMOS circuit or switches putting the mute/standby pins at ground to engage the functions and a small +DCV to turn the functions "OFF".

If my interpretation is incorrect, I would appreciate notice of this very much. I've just come into possession of (6) TDA7293's that I'll use in my first GC project.

speaker

I'm a little sceptic about the mute/standby functions, that are told to have no turn on transients

I have a gainclone made with a TDA7294, and when I switch the amp on, there's a really small transient. Nothing to worry about.

I think that what they say in the datasheet, that there will be no transient, is true when the power supply is already switched on when you power the amp on (I mean, deactivating standby). Since most of us will power the PS and the chips at the same time, there's a small bump

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.