TA8275 mute pin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The english language translation of the Mute paragraph is terrible.

If, after reading that section three times, I understand what they are trying to tell us, then:
For Mute function ONLY.
Pin22 open = ON, i.e. unmute.
Pin22 shorted to ground via a current limiting resistor = OFF, i.e. mute.

But my understanding might be completely wrong.

Yes mute is on when the internal current flows to that internal transistor?
No, that is not what I read.

I'll try yet again.

The diagram shows Imute flowing through the EXTERNAL resistor to the shorting transistor. That tells me that Imute flowing to ground makes the mute active.

Inside that same diagram there is an arrow showing Imute(OFF) going down through the internal transistor. That tells me that passing current through the internal transistor (no external shorting) makes unmute, i.e. the amplifier amplifies = ON.

Do you agree?

��
Thanks.
I have one more question:
When I start the amp,I want a little bit "mute on" before playing.
Maybe 0.005 seconds.How can I achieve this?
(maybe just adding small cap between pin and pre-gnd ?)

By using a capacitor and a charging resistor.
the badly written datasheet tells you this.

But I have to ask:
Why are you using this amplifier?
4 channels of crap is 4 times worse than one channel of crap.

I also consider to do dual mono amp with 2 of them..
I still think about it.
I know there are better chips like lm3886-lm1875.
Maybe full discrete designs..
But if you consider I have diffuculties to read datasheet(even simple one),things get much more complicated if I have to design a PS.(I am using batteries).
Of course I can buy everyting if I was rich,but you know..
I am also not believe discrete designs.Maybe there are some other reasons integrated chips generally worse than discrete ones..
I also believe this toshiba chip datasheet written good.
It is maybe a little unclear.But when I generally reading a scientific thing,writer guessing reader can understand(similar you understand easily than me).It is maybe ok,but I don't like.
So what do you think about muting before playing?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.