Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

need advice
need advice
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2018, 10:27 PM   #1
hteska is offline hteska  United States
diyAudio Member

Default need advice

i recently bought a phillips amp from good will. it was supposed to go with a soundbar but they didn't have the sound bar and the sub was only 4 bucks. i got it home pluged it in and pluged the 3.5mm jack into my pc and it didn't make any sound. there is a dc plug comming out of hte sub that im assuming was to power the soundbar. im guessing there is sum kinda switch in teh sub of something that wont let it play if its not powering the soundbar. from what i can tell the amp chip in there is pretty good. it s a tda8947j. is there any way i can use the stuff on the amp board and make a diy amp? im kinda new to diy audio so i dont kwno much. any help is much appreciated. ty in advance!Click the image to open in full size.
Old 14th January 2018, 12:02 AM   #2
r_kalar_2 is offline r_kalar_2  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

I have an amp from Microlab x10 which contains two of this TDA8947j. They sounded nothing spectacular to me when pairing with a pair of loud speaker at stereo mode. The chip is a 4 channel amplifier as the datasheet says.
Old 14th January 2018, 01:29 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

with out the sound bar it looks like ima have to re do the amp circut and have like 0 clue as to what i need to remove from this board and rewire. i know hwo to solder and stuff and have done lots of diy eletronic stuff jsut never nething like this. any help on how to do this would be awsome!
Old 14th January 2018, 01:31 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

ideally i'd like it to be 2.1 ch. so i can attach 2 speakers and a sub to it.
Old 14th January 2018, 03:26 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

well was messing around and poofed it. LAWL!! ty ne wya'
Old 14th January 2018, 05:11 AM   #6
r_kalar_2 is offline r_kalar_2  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

You can use the psu, some other parts for your next diy.
Old 14th January 2018, 02:18 PM   #7
Lojzek is offline Lojzek  Croatia
diyAudio Member

Hi hteska, I'd try to desolder the chip out of the board and rebuild the amp using its datasheet and powering it in 2.1 mode. The power supply may be in order also so check if it outputs and what values of dc voltages.

need adviceHide this!Advertise here!