need advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i recently bought a phillips amp from good will. it was supposed to go with a soundbar but they didn't have the sound bar and the sub was only 4 bucks. i got it home pluged it in and pluged the 3.5mm jack into my pc and it didn't make any sound. there is a dc plug comming out of hte sub that im assuming was to power the soundbar. im guessing there is sum kinda switch in teh sub of something that wont let it play if its not powering the soundbar. from what i can tell the amp chip in there is pretty good. it s a tda8947j. is there any way i can use the stuff on the amp board and make a diy amp? im kinda new to diy audio so i dont kwno much. any help is much appreciated. ty in advance!
IMG_20180113_172559.jpg

with out the sound bar it looks like ima have to re do the amp circut and have like 0 clue as to what i need to remove from this board and rewire. i know hwo to solder and stuff and have done lots of diy eletronic stuff jsut never nething like this. any help on how to do this would be awsome!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.