Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Help me design my home music system amplifier with loudness controls.
Help me design my home music system amplifier with loudness controls.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th December 2017, 08:55 PM   #21
globalplayer is offline globalplayer  Germany
diyAudio Member

Yes. I read that.
I think it could be the one from the PE link^ since the schematic specifies a type (ALPS 100KAX2) but there is no tap percentage specified anywhere on that page.
I also came across those sliders but nothing really usable.
Pretty hard to find anyway it seems.
Old 19th December 2017, 09:01 PM   #22
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

I didn't spot it specified the ALPS on the schematic, that's strange, perhaps it was modified
Old 21st December 2017, 07:25 AM   #23
BasicHIFI1 is offline BasicHIFI1  Sri Lanka
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlx View Post
you want a "loudness boost" function, whereby its level of "boost" is defined by the position of your volume setting?
Actually boost at all levels would be fine, since I listen at such low levels. Any decent loudness circuit should do the above, however.
Old 21st December 2017, 07:30 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naaling View Post
If you are using Windows, you might find "equalizer apo" useful. It installs at the operating system level and can be used for anything you play. And its free.

Equalizer APO download | SourceForge.net

Peace Equalizer, UI for Equalizer APO download | SourceForge.net
Well thanks, but all my devices are Android devices. Which means an Android equalizer which is a little hard to find.

See this:

10 best equalizer apps for Android - Android Authority

Quote:
Global equalizers exist on Android, but their non-system level permissions prevent them from being truly effective. In short, it’s a giant, inconsistent mess. It’s one we’re hoping we can clear up with this list of the best equalizer apps for Android. Please note, some of these will work on your device. Others will not. You’ll have to try out a few to see if they work for you.
I use Ubuntu on the desktop, I should be able to get a good equalizer here, but need one that works off the You Tube streams.

Edit: Is there a difference in sound between a hardware equalizer and a software equalizer? Or to be more exact, does each and every software equalizer sound different from each and every hardware equalizer? I notice this is an area of some controversy.

If we find a hardware and software equalizer that sound exactly the same, we are done.

Last edited by BasicHIFI1; 21st December 2017 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Added part about software and hardware EQ
Old 21st December 2017, 07:40 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Then there is this:

Enhancer for YouTube™ – Add-ons for Firefox
Old 31st December 2017, 04:31 AM   #26
diyAudio Member

There are also 'volume boost' apps for Android, these work very well to increase volume. I get a 10 dB increase from 50 to 60 db at about 0.5 metre, some distortion is apparent.

Only problem so far is that the Music Player equalizer locks the volume so volume boost does not work wit the equalizer switched on. Ah well.

Looks like there is an app for everything.

My point is that I do not need a very powerful amplifier now, with the current 8002A I am getting 2.6 Watts x 2 into 4 Ohms, and the BA 5406 will output 5 W per channel.

Last edited by BasicHIFI1; 31st December 2017 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Added info, previous edit lost
Old 6th January 2018, 08:15 PM   #27
stocktrader200 is offline stocktrader200  Canada
diyAudio Member

BA-5406 is a good chip, bridged gives about 15w into 6 ohms
having bass/treble and loudness functions are 2 of the reasons I chose an SX-780 for a total rebuild and tuner upgrade. new amp ,optimized tuner , power supply changes , tube preamp, new phono preamp, and iphone input. Thinking of adding surround sound board for logictech sub and satellites.

Help me design my home music system amplifier with loudness controls.Hide this!Advertise here!