Inexpensive Bluetooth amp for Radio conversion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

I am of very limited ability in this area but always willing to have a go!

Looking for some advice on converting an old valve radio to a Bluetooth speaker

Plan is to leave all the old stuff there to keep the opportunity for a proper refurbishment later by someone more able

I have already bought a Sanwu tda 7492p Bluetooth amp , which works well enough for my needs except that the aux input, which seems to connect then disconnect,or the BT needs to be connected and paired but silent. Any thoughts?
I plan to use a laptop power supply,keeping all the HT all safely locked away

Next question is, if the BT is coming in stereo and I have only one speaker....how do I solve it and get both channels

Volume control, to make a gesture to authenticity it would be nice to use a pot for volume control (and power switching)

Dial lamps, it currently uses e10 filament bulbs, would warm white leds be an reasonable alternative

This is an experimental low budget project, based more on curiosity than need!

Any advice on this or a more suitable amp would be appreciated

Many 5hanks

Bluetooth

Hi
I'm a beginner too but have successfully converted 4 old things: 3 radios and 1 extension speaker.
I've disposed of the old speakers and internals and made 1 mono unit and 2 stereo.
Space was the defining factor.
Had great success with Dayton Audio KAB250V3 and Dayton KAB100M and decent modern speakers. They run 24/7 for a week on rechargeable batteries and are easy peasey plug ins. I built crossovers for 2 systems, otherwise just wired them in. In the USA use Parts Express in UK/Europe use Sound Imports.
Hope this helps?
Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.