New try! GC!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...My first GC!

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 932
I agree, It looks nice but I have a small "edge remark"(*)

1 I would have used sheilded cables for input signals

2 I would have separated output and input cables more

3 I would have tied power cabled together

Why? Too minimize any pick up of magnetic and electrostaic fields. As I said, a very small remark :)

*) What is it called a remark which is ver very little?

I listened to my NIGC on my friends Kappa 600 ....What we noticed is that it's bumping up the bass a little. And it's not as firm as I would like it to be.
But the mids and the highs are really good.

My GC is a little on the low side in the supply just a 120VA 2*18VAC This is a little low for a dual LM3875 with about 55W on the output.

My thoughts are that this might be the reason that it's not so strong in the low section.
The Kappa 600 are pretty low imp and the 10 inch woofer needs a lot of power to go all the way.

But still i'm quite content with how it sound ...It beats my H/K 4000 amp in the mid/high section. I have stand mount speakers so the bottom end is not there really.

If you got any building tips or expierience of this behaviour. Feel free to tell me.

Think I'm gonna try the 3886 next time ...better output current.
Also ordered som samples of the LM4780. But it's not really that good for p2p wiring.

well well I need an amp for my new computer speakers and something new for the bedroom and also gonna build new speakers for the living room.

Plus I wanna ride my dirtbike all spring summer and fall.

Time time ...when are we gonna get enough???

Take it easy :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.