50W - what is the best configure for CAPs ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Hi,

Maybe someone already asked this question but I cannot find it in the old thread.

We plan to create a new 50+50W GC and wonder if which config for the Caps is the best.

A). Only 2200+2200 UF near the chip
B). Only (2200+22+0.1) + (2200+22+0.1) UF near the chip
C). Only (1000 x2) + (1000 x2) UF near the chip
D). 1000+1000 UF near chip and 1,000+1,000 at rectifier
E). 1000+1000 UF near chip and 470+470 at rectifier
F). 1000+1000 UF near chip and 100+100 at rectifier

Any advice? Thank you.

my best sounding gainclone sofar has configuration E with additional 0,1 wima's MKS4 attached directly at the 1000's panasonic FC near the chips.(this gainclone is also the only one with seperated psu and amp, so perhaps it's better because of this)

Working on Brian's stuff, should be the nicest peter lookalike case before I ever post it..... (BTW nobody in belgium has a quality atennuator pot???)

BTW, I have 330VA 15VCT AC psu, so 20 V dc rails.

They are connected to 94-96 dB speakers, so I don't use the 'upper' watts very often, I think 1000 + 470 will suffice.

Maybe for lower sensitive speakers and/or higher playlevels 2200 could be better? (current hungry speakers??)

Until now every gainclone I build was pin-to-pin wired, 2 with a 15V CT 330VA toroid, one with two 24V 80VA toroid pro channel.

The overall impression is that the 15V AC is a better choice, 24V being a bit too much. Maybe 18-20V AC secundaries is the sweet spot.

For Brian's boards I'll use a 4x22V 1000VA, I have a few of them somewhere under the dust:D

OT

Aangenaam.

I do a bit of racing myself. Saw the flag and thought I'd say hello. Amateur road racing is a fringe sport here although we have been getting 100+ racers in the field in my category. It gets bigger every year. Plus there is Lance but he is really just about one race.

VDB has been riding well this year. He is definitely a contender. Of course as an American I always keep my eye out for Hincapie in the classics but he seems to be missing something each year.

Daag!

funny

Ja Lieven,
de Ronde van Frankrijk wordt hier normaliter 3 keer per dag uitgezonden op een sportkanaal OLN en das serieuz zenne met allerlei randinfo over de gebruikte tubes, versnellingen dranken voor en na de ritten enz..

en dankzij kim en Justin weten ze nu ook dat er daar 2 talen gesproken worden en dat de vlamingen beter Engels spreken!:D

For those who worry about the contents above, don't worry it's about Bush versus Kerry for foreigners!:xeye:

Jean-Pierre
en drink een Geuzeke op mijn gezondheid! :D

i actually have built 8 of brian's gc pcb's, with 4 completed. 2 are with 1000 + 1000, the other 2 with 2200 + 2200. i didnt really notice anything different in sound (didnt listen too long either, but all sounded great). however, maybe i made an error somewhere (which is slightly possible), but the one with the bigger caps got hotter quicker. it took 1/4 of the time for the 2200 amps to get as hot as the 1000. all identical except the caps. but i've been very pleased with both, so either way you'll be happy

I have made power supply for my TDA7293 amp with 3x4700uF + 3x4700uF. And another 1000uF +1000uF near the chip. Is it too much ? When I turned it on the first time the master chip exploded. The PCB has no errors on it. Is it maybe because supply capacitors are too big ?

Cro maniac said:
I have made power supply for my TDA7293 amp with 3x4700uF + 3x4700uF. And another 1000uF +1000uF near the chip. Is it too much ? When I turned it on the first time the master chip exploded. The PCB has no errors on it. Is it maybe because supply capacitors are too big ?

Check the polarity of the PS wires. You most likly connected them incorrectly.

/Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.