Best Capacitor Change For LM1875 amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I am newbee to all this stuff so I dunno how to do but willing to learn so I ask you I got a lm1875 amp already built sound good ok not bad but think maybe can sound better if change capacitor, make more supple like sound maybe use cheap russian paper oil type?

but which one to change - input capacitors? or? I show you what the maker let me see the schematic please ask me anything I dunno anything please advise me thank you!

Every self-respecting audio guru will tell you that cheap Russian paper oil capacitors are for the deaf.

Try something like the 1uF 100Vdc Duelund CAST Copper as the input capacitor and Audio Note Kaisei Electrolytic Capacitors for the other caps in the amp and PSU. Also, replace all the resistors with 0.4W Charcroft Z-Foil or you will not get the refinement you are looking for.
Any connector will do as long as it's a high-quality Copper, rhodium plated type.

I learned from a number of Chinese kit I've purchased that they don't always provide the best component value, or they just are not the best designer? Maybe make sure first that it is the correct value for that position in the circuit then consider audio grade parts. Also, the parts that came with the kit are not always original. I personally learned a lot from this thread:

Chinese Mono LM1875 Board

As for parts, lately I am leaning towards original industrial grade parts. Electrolytic caps I use and like Nichicon FG and KZ, Panasonic FC, FM, NHG. Film caps of course Wima or other cylindrical MKP within 3% tolerance. No boutique parts for me, unless maybe I have more money haha.

Not enough info to give any suggestions... you want better sound. What is wrong with the sound ?
Example: I have no bass. Speakers are small bookshelf units that only goes down to 100Hz. In that case a different component in the amp wouldn't help at all.
People can't help if they have too little info.

No guru want to reply eh

Ok ok I see
Don´t be so impatient little grasshopper.
We Gurus
591258-483124-guru-poornima.jpg

measure time in Celestial Eras, not mere Days, Months, Years or Centuries, so ask again in about 32000 of your puny years, at the beginning of the New Universal Cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.