Is this a good LM3886 Kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nover capacitors are not British.
I wonder how many other lies are in the description.
I also wonder whether any of the components are not fakes.

I do not recommend buying a kit from China.
PCBs is well manufactured can be reliable. But their layout design is often bad.

None,
I have never seen any chipamp layout that meets an excellent layout standard.
There are two PCBs that are excellent, but because the Member has turned this Forum into an income generator, they are both very expensive. And he is not prepared to release any IP that might reduce his income flow.

None,
I have never seen any chipamp layout that meets an excellent layout standard.
There are two PCBs that are excellent, but because the Member has turned this Forum into an income generator, they are both very expensive. And he is not prepared to release any IP that might reduce his income flow.

here is a lot of members which turned into business - but what is business, I dont think they earn milions :D ... if somebody will, he can find a lot of things freee for diy ... if somebody will rather pay, he can do it here or ebay or somewhere ...

Audiosector? I don't agree with the "expensive" part if they are indeed "excellent".

He's referring to member tomchr, his business name is Neurochrome.com. His line of LM3886 based amps are the "Modulus-86" composite amplifier, "Modulus-286" composite parallel 3886 amp, and the "LM3886 Done Right" a straight up plain 3886 with no composite opamp babysitter. They are all excellent designs, with excellent sound quality and he provides excellent instructions and support. You get what you pay for.

Cool. Got suggestions for a LM4702 build?

National Semiconductor used to have designs of amplifier circuits that their engineers designed around their chips. Any of their designs were very hard to beat and worked like a dream. My LM4702 amp has been absolutely reliable and will give nearly any Solid State amp a fair run for the money. I've had it for about 15 years with absolutely zero problems. I wish all audio equipment was as reliable!

BTW, I've brought that amp to many audio meets and have experienced no complaints about the sound and it's been left in play for hours...

Best Regards,
TerryO

Beware that TI discontinued a wide range of audio ICs about two years ago. Sadly, the LM4702, LM4780, LM3875, LM3876, LME498xx, and some other LME family members were all among them. The LM3886 is still in current production. The LM1875 is as well.

That aside, I second Terry's suggestion to go through the National Semiconductor (now TI) application notes for your chip of choice. If you haven't already, I also suggest reading through my Taming the LM3886 article series. While some of the content is specific to the LM3886, most of it applies to any chip amp.

He's referring to member tomchr, his business name is Neurochrome.com. His line of LM3886 based amps are the "Modulus-86" composite amplifier, "Modulus-286" composite parallel 3886 amp, and the "LM3886 Done Right" a straight up plain 3886 with no composite opamp babysitter. They are all excellent designs, with excellent sound quality and he provides excellent instructions and support. You get what you pay for.

Thank you for your vote of confidence and your review. I really appreciate it.

Tom

Last edited:
I've written to the seller, asking for a schematic. No reply yet. Anyone else get one?

not good, additional opamps in signal way (servo and another one probably before LM4702 input) ... if you avoid these opamps, it can be good ... avoid I mean servo not used and another one jumpered if it is in signal way for LM4702
before you avoid servo, be sure your source have small DC offset ..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.