[Newbie] PCB Design for Rod Elliot's Tone Control Circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to share my try on designing a PCB for Rod Elliot's HiFi Tone Control Preamp (project P97). I'm a total novice on PCB designing. Although after reading a lot (mostly from diyaudio) of materials, I've tried to implement a few things (based on whatever I could understand or misunderstand, of course :p ), but those would most probably be wrong due to my lack of knowledge. Since this is a circuit with quite a few components, this would help me understand basic good circuit designing, I think. So, please help me out. Here is my design (made using ExpressPCB. It's quite lousy. But for now, I don't have the time to learn more complicated design software!):

Attachments

• preamp.png
    preamp.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 513
The tone control Board îs free when u buy an p3a amp board....great deal, why try to replicate it?
I know, and I'm really dying for buying some of Rod's boards! But, due to lack of the money (currently) and other issues regarding PayPal payments I've to back off for the time being. I've tons of respect for Rod for his monumental contribution to the diy community, and I'll eventually buy some boards for sure.

Have you thought of emulating his design? I think if you forgot about mirror imagery it would simplify things too
Yes, of course :D I spent a lot of time just staring at the image of Rod's completed board and trying to guess the routing! But that seemed to be much harder than making my own design :D

Oh, the mirror imagery thingy was not my actual intention. Somewhere in diyaudio I read that making two separate boards for each channel would improve channel separation. But sharing 3 ICs over two separate boards is a big issue. That's why I ended up with this kind of design although, not sure whether I could accomplish anything I wanted at all or not!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.