IC LA4440 amp schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, i am pretty new to all IC stuff, because i work on the tube amps.

So, recently, i have bought 10pcs of LA4440 and made a guitar amp with one of them in cross power mode (19W mono, instead of 6+6W stereo) and it does not work, the next problem is, I have done everything as the schematic says except
used 220uF 16v caps at pins 13 and 9, and instead used 330uF 25v ones, so could that be the problem?

19w-audio-bridge-amplifier-circuit-using-ic-LA4440.png

Hope the schematic helps...
Thanks in forward for replying.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
You did note that the pin numbers in that diagram are all out of order from the chip itself??

As with tubes, debugging often starts with getting Voltages at all key circuit points.

Or, from hard-learned experience, being triple-sure the input connects to the input and the output to the right place; no missing links or swapped tip-ring connections.

Also: this chip is "bridge". *Both* speaker lines are "hot". You can not take the speaker out through a grounded jack.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.