Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Newbie LM3886 Circuit
Newbie LM3886 Circuit
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th September 2017, 07:06 PM   #151
simonra is offline simonra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Trickiest bit with the heatsinks was tapping the M3 holes in the top and bottom - I ended up buying a pillar drill to do the job, was fairly straight forward after that.

Chassis top and bottom covers were laser cut by lasermaster.co.uk, not as expensive as you might think; the front panel and volume control were cnc'd, they were a lot more expensive but I managed to get a decent price from starrapid.com, brilliant quality.
Old 8th September 2017, 07:08 PM   #152
simonra is offline simonra  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegSh View Post
I would recommend to use inline fuse holder with solder lugs instead of screw type to prevent accidentally pulling live wire out of the fuseholder.
Thanks, that would probably be better; I'll carry on looking for something suitable. Think I might buy these ones anyway and see how much strain they gan take.
Old 8th September 2017, 07:44 PM   #153
john blackburn is offline john blackburn  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Not seen Lasermaster before, thanks for that.

A pillar drill is money well spent, an essential item for everything other than stamp collecting.
Old 10th September 2017, 12:58 AM   #154
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john blackburn View Post
A pillar drill is money well spent, an essential item for everything other than stamp collecting.
I wholeheartedly agree. I use my pillar drill (aka drill press on this side of the pond) all the time.

Tom

Newbie LM3886 CircuitHide this!Advertise here!