Ground isolation loop problem ? Motorboat ticking sound - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2017, 04:20 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Do you have a completely separate power supply for the TPA613? Did you try the 10 ohm resistor?

Are you using their breakout board? I can only ASSume that the breakout board has the grounds parsed properly. Does the breakout board have separate logic ground, signal ground, and shield ground? Hook these up properly and your problem will likely be solved.
Old 26th April 2017, 04:08 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

I tried DC-DC Isolator even that dint work.
Ok so I have Bluetooth module connected to 5V and Digital ground. The output differential is going to TPA 6138 which is differential to single ended Output of this as single ended going to volume IC TPA 6130 which is Analog ground. Output I am giving to Aux output.
Voltage regulator 24V to 12V via linear regulator, 12V to 5V linear and 5V to 3.3V linear.
Old 26th April 2017, 06:55 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

where did you put the dc-dc isolator?
i assume it was at the worng place you you allready had junk in the signal.
you need it right after the bluetooth module.
Old 26th April 2017, 08:46 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I tried 3 different switchmode (class D or T) poweramp boards from Parts Express, and two of the three got ugly one pushed near or into clipping (overdrive). The first one (Sure AA-AB32155, TA2024 2 X 15W) broke out into very high frequency oscillation bubbles, on the 1kHZ sinewave, just short of clipping. That would fry your tweeter and probably sound horrible. The second one went into a 2-3 HZ oscillation when pushed to clipping. It appeared to be a thru hole components version of the one good board (same switchmode chip). The 3rd one (TPA3116D 2 X 50W into 4 ohm) appears to work fine, even when pushed pretty far into clipping. Since all 3 boards came without any documentation at all, I can't tell you why each board did what it did. These boards/designs are apparently not very well tested, if at all. I was using the Yuan-Jing 100W voltage boost converter board, driven by a 12 volt power supply in all cases. The booster board converts 12VDC to anything up to 35volts. I had set it for 24VDC, and it appeared to work great with the one board. The board you have may just be a bad design and not be fixable without documentation. All tests were done with an 8 ohm load resistor.

Last edited by Bob Richards; 26th April 2017 at 08:50 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!