DIY BYOB Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nobody forces you to buy the EUR 8200 Amp-Plank. I'd argue you get more bang for your buck with the Amp-Plank than you do with the various snake oil products, such as $7500 power cords, myrtle wood speaker cable stands, and whatnot. At least the Amp-Plank can amplify a signal and drive a speaker. I do agree that for ~$10k I expect more than a class D PCB on a piece of pine. So I chose not to buy.

Tom

I just don't see why anyone should be banned for building a DIY amp on a plank.

He isn't being banned for building a DIY amp on a plank. As you can see here, he's being banned (elsewhere) for his (alleged) attempts to copy Altmann's design. Building an amp on a plank is OK. Copying somebody else's design and selling it as yours is not OK (and against the rules on DIY Audio).

Tom

If you own Altmann BYOB, you will not know what IC they use, because they will delete them. If they do not delete, but no one knows the real IC they use.
Byob I build based on TA8210AH/KIA6210AH.
I have never heard the sound of Altman BYOB, But I think it's nothing special.
One thing I'm particularly interested in Altmann, that is the price.:D

Last edited:
New heat sink :D

Attachments

• z723397637373_dfa0835df878153b76ee6d2266c50774.jpg
    z723397637373_dfa0835df878153b76ee6d2266c50774.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.