Marketing query - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th March 2004, 04:49 PM   #1
KT is offline KT  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Marketing query

Given the relative simplicity of the GC topology, has any major manufacturer tried to market a line of good sounding chipamps aimed at the "mass market," say for under $500?

Granted the components needed to top out the design cost some big bucks, I was just wondering if there are any chip amps out there that perform well and are intended to get good sound to a wide user base.

KT
Old 19th March 2004, 09:50 PM   #2
tja is offline tja  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I'd think the mass market would be more interested in the home theater kinda stuff, with lots of knobs to twirl and mess up the sound, instead of a simple stereo with just two controls: volume and input.

Take
Old 20th March 2004, 07:20 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default thinking .....

it would not be a bad idea... If PD or similar would have enough $ in one of their stockings, then...

one could create a nice simple enclosure, very very elegant with blue led etc... simple on the outer and simple on the inside, then create some well orchestrated hype by sending the thing to 30 or 40 critics to review it in their magazines, then stand by for the first 1000s of orders to come in and tell everyone that this is High End for the masses, finally it has arrived " a Volksamp1" avant la Lettre or should I say a sequel to it.

not such a bad idea, and we from diyaudio forum could launch the hype by asking magazines to come up with a review of the pseudo gc let's say H-E.A.R. High End Audio Reproducer .......

Jean-Pierre

Hide this!Advertise here!