Help in for a 3 channel amp for computer speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I currently have a Logitech X220 2.1 Channel Computer Speaker System, but the subwoofer is not working anymore. Both satellite speakers are working great. Just no sound from the subwoofer.

I don't know if I can just replace the faulty amp chip for the subwoofer. I would like your help in finding out which is the best way to go about this.

I looked at ebay and found these in case I have to replace the whole amplifier inside the subwoofer box for a 3 channel amp for my computer computer speakers?.

1. The first has the TDA2030A chip TDA2030A 2.1 3-Channel Subwoofer | eBay

2. The second has the TDA7377 chip TDA7377 2.1 3 Channel Subwoofer | eBay

Any ideas will be welcome.
Please note I don't want to spend too much.

Thank you.

This is so cheap and sounding great!!I made 4 sets for my friends.U just need a good power supply that inculude capacitor bank.

TPA3116D2 2x 50W +100W 2.1 Channel Digital Subwoofer Power Amplifier Board | eBay

That little mighty amp sure looks awesome. Can you recommend a power supply to go with it?

I have the following that I may be able to use.

How to turn an X-Box 360 PSU into a 12v lab PSU http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-turn-an-X-Box-360-PSU-into-a-12v-lab-PSU/

I picked this PSU up at a used store and was wondering it this would work with the modification mentioned in the link?

That little mighty amp sure looks awesome. Can you recommend a power supply to go with it?

I have the following that I may be able to use.

How to turn an X-Box 360 PSU into a 12v lab PSU http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-turn-an-X-Box-360-PSU-into-a-12v-lab-PSU/

I picked this PSU up at a used store and was wondering it this would work with the modification mentioned in the link?

Will work on 12v but the power will be weak,i will say about 18-22v would be ideal...

Maybe around 2x15w and sub 30w in 12v...I use transformer around 15vac(21vdc)100va and two 6800 uf caps.That works like a charm.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering how much amps does the power supply need to output?

One other question, can I use a regular psu that puts out 12-24 volts dc, or do I have to get one of those expensive switching supplies?

I went ahead and placed the order for the amp unit on ebay from the link that you have provided. So I'm looking forward to getting that up and running.

Maybe around 2x15w and sub 30w in 12v...I use transformer around 15vac(21vdc)100va and two 6800 uf caps.That works like a charm.

That's not too bad for 12v dc.
Can I use a regular dc power supply that supplies 12-24 volts, or do I have to use one of those expensive switching power supplies? Also do you know how much amps the psu must supply?

I went ahead and ordered the amp from the link that you provided, so I'm looking forward to getting that up and running.

That's not too bad for 12v dc.
Can I use a regular dc power supply that supplies 12-24 volts, or do I have to use one of those expensive switching power supplies? Also do you know how much amps the psu must supply?

I went ahead and ordered the amp from the link that you provided, so I'm looking forward to getting that up and running.
The bigger the better. Around 100va to 200va would be good.As i say in previous post working on 100va transformer like a charm.

the maximum AC output from a 12Vdc supply is ~4Vac when the load is high impedance.
As the load impedance goes down the maximum output voltage drops a bit.

If you bridge two amplifiers you can double that output voltage. But the amps see half the load impedance and so the voltage drops a bit more.

Two bridged amplifiers fed from 12Vdc will give ~ 8W into 8ohms. Pmax = (4Vac+4Vac)^2 / 8ohms
If each of the bridged amplifiers can drive a 2ohms reactive speaker load, then you can get about 13W into 4ohms. Pmax = (3.6Vac+3.6Vac)^2 / 4ohms

When you double the supply voltage you get roughly 4 times the maximum power output. i.e. a bridged pair of 2ohms capable amplifiers fed from 24Vdc will give a maximum output of ~ 50W into 4ohms.

Last edited:
You can try this X.box Power supply and see if u like the power output.Just connect as it is.

I think I will take your suggestion and try the X.Box power supply first, and see if I like the output power.

Can you tell me how many amps I will need to get more power like an 18-24 dc volt adapter, just in case I have to go that route if the power output is too low for me?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.