Peter Daniel What type of fasteners are those?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That you use on all of your chassis. It looks like a countersunk washer that you can use in order to get some flexibility by drilling your holes a bit larger. Into the countersunk washer fits you cool screw.

Where do you get those? I would be very interested in buying the washers alone for some size 8 counter-sunk screws.

Thank you,
Paul Hilgeman

It is a high tolerance brass bushing with 0.25 inside hole and 0.50 mounting hole. It accepts shallow counersink screws.

I don't use them much, mostly in the preamp, but I'm running out of them quickly. They come form aircraft industry and I would be interested myself, where to source more of those.;)

Attachments

• bush.jpg
    bush.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 619
Of course, I have impact guns. I even have an offset collar installation tool (by Atlas) ;)

And I have some local friends who currently work in the industry, but I'm always on a lookout for nice fasteners.

I somehow never thought about using Hi-Lites in chassis building, but maybe it's something to think about. I used rivets recently, and I'm very satisfied with results.

They are not sqeezed too tight, I made counersink for lower manufactured head size ;)

Attachments

• riv.jpg
    riv.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 499
Peter Daniel said:
Of course, I have impact guns. I even have an offset collar installation tool (by Atlas) ;)

And I have some local friends who currently work in the industry, but I'm always on a lookout for nice fasteners.

I somehow never thought about using Hi-Lites in chassis building, but maybe it's something to think about. I used rivets recently, and I'm very satisfied with results.

They are not sqeezed too tight, I made counersink for lower manufactured head size ;)

Let me know if you want some, I will make you a good price but without any tracability (That the reason I'm able to sell it =)).
I will check the quantity I have in stock.

Coulomb said:
If you use a Dewalt Pilot drill after you drill with a standard drill for the rivet hole, you will get a nice little ledge to catch the Rivet head and have it flush to the material surface.

We prefer to use more advanced tools;)

BTW, the list price of that pistol drill gun is close to $1K, if not more.

Attachments

• tool.jpg
    tool.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 438
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.