Other commercial chip amps - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th March 2004, 04:53 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Other commercial chip amps

Hi,
Just joined but have been reading the posts here for quite some time.

I thought I would add that in addition to some of the other hi end amplifiers (Rowland, Linn) previously mentioned as being chip amps, I found there are some more if it helps you feeling validated . I've searched the archives and don't see these being mentioned at all.

EAD Powermaster 2000, 5 channel, $6500 MSRP -- if you read the review from SGHT you'll see some of the details of the topology (balanced). I would suspect that the other amps in their line are also op amp based, seeing how they started out as a digital company. http://www.alphadigitaltech.com/revi...master2000.htm

BEL (Brown Electronic Labs), an amplifier company recommended by Sigfried Linkwitz on his linkwitzlab.com site. You can scroll down to Jen Lam's review for some of the circuit details.

http://www.audioreview.com/Amplifier...4_1583crx.aspx

Now I just have to get off my butt and solder my gainclone together -- I've had most of the parts for a while.
Old 9th March 2004, 09:04 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

hi bilbo,
thanks for sharing with us your homework=)
Old 9th March 2004, 09:46 PM   #3
Nuuk is offline Nuuk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Now I just have to get off my butt and solder my gainclone together -- I've had most of the parts for a while.
No you don't Bilbo! The beauty of this hobby is that you can do most of it sitting down
Old 10th March 2004, 01:42 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
hi bilbo, thanks for sharing with us your homework=)
Hey, no problem, I actually stumbled across this info while I was reading back issues of SGHT and doing research on the BEL amps so it wasn't as if I was actively looking. Just thought I would share what I've learned.
Old 18th March 2004, 05:27 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Add the Andy Bartha monoblocks to the list

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazin...502/bartha.htm
Old 18th March 2004, 07:55 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Perhaps that's why some contractors and electricians are not overly concerned when wiring a new house. AC outlets wired in reverse polarity are very common.
Please help me understand this. This quote is from the above mentioned article authored by Mr. Andy Bartha.
http://www.audioreview.com/Amplifie...34_1583crx.aspx

Am I just stupid, or does the article say that audio devices should have AC polarity switches? Or, is this quote a metaphor for speaker & component polarity, and, in fact has nothing to do with AC wiring?

If that's how they wire, I wonder how they plumb?

(Oh, and by the way, don't grab that lamp if you are in your bare feet.)
Old 18th March 2004, 07:57 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I would like to retract my statement above attributed to Mr. Bartha. It's Mr. Wayne Donnelly who is the author.

Hide this!Advertise here!