Neurochrome LM3886DR Build

ok, so here are some pictures. i'm still waiting for some shorter pre crimped cables so i can tidy up the inside a bit. but for now i'm very happy with the way it turned out.

nHtRlUU.jpg

U4OMR4z.jpg
131fUPU.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Very nice! Which chassis is that? Looks like a Modushop one, but which model?

You might be able to tidy up the supply harness with shorter wires, but what you have actually looks quite tidy already.

Did you sand off the black anodization under the grounding lug? If not, then I recommend doing so for a better connection.

Tom

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 10.20.51.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 10.20.51.png
    895.9 KB · Views: 754
Thanks for your feedback, Tom! And thanks again for all your help and patience with all the questions I had!

It's a modushop galaxy chassis with the "no visible screws" option. I also turned the side panels inside out for a cleaner look.

I didn't have any sand paper when i finished it so I just scratched the surface with a screw driver to take off some anodization. I will sand it in the next couple of days and maybe take the wire to the back panel and make it even shorter.

keeps the amp much cooler than i thought it would.

That's a good thing!

My design philosophy is that the amp needs to be able to deliver the full rated output power continuously without hurting itself or the user. I'm willing to reduce this requirement to: The amp needs to be able to continuously deliver a music signal at levels just below clipping. I think that's good engineering. That's also why your amp is running cool.

Many DIYers (and some commercial vendors as well) use the fact that few users ever drive the amp to clipping to justify saving a few bucks on the heat sink. They end up with an amp that'll work well under normal listening conditions but will sound harsh or even shut down if they really crank it.

Each to their own... :) My choice is to set you up for success. You now have an amp that'll work well for years to come. Congratulations!

Tom