latest gainclone birth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's taken a few weeks, but I finally got my 'gainclone' working last night. First time I set it up.. bzzzzz, pop, pop, bzzzz. Second time. GGGZZZZAACK ZZZZZZ. :smash: Redid the signal grounding scheme. " ". Well, until I turn the CD on. Nice. You folks are right about the ground route being important. The thing I learned was that the ground from pin 8 needs to go to signal ground rather than power ground. Sounds great, now I need to build one for looks instead of prototype. Thanks for all your help- there are way too many individuals to thank, but if you posted a schematic, I probably printed it out. I'm looking forward to building of Brian's pc board next time or two. Time to go listen to some music!

Cheers,
Jason

jtsjf said:
Thanks for all your help- there are way too many individuals to thank, but if you posted a schematic, I probably printed it out. I'm looking forward to building of Brian's pc board next time or two. Time to go listen to some music!Cheers, Jason

And the beat goes on, and the beat goes on .............

J-P

Yes, this is a terrible, terrible hobby. What's so much fun is not only the sense of learning and accomplishment, but also comparing the different sounds of amps. My trusty old day to day amp is a (tube) 300B that I built, super-hoopty fancy thing. The LM3875 compares very favorably to it. They are different, that's for sure.

cheers,
Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.