TDA7294 bridged!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I built a very simple bridge with 7294, and working well. The schematic is on the official datasheet:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is the finalized stereo gainclone:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Telling that It can't drive 4R loads is false, IMHO.

Look at the TDA7294 datasheet, there's a curve showing the minimum load vs the supply voltage

This means that you can't drive low loads with high voltage rails AT FULL POWER, because it will clip before. Driving low loads with high voltage rails much below the full power will work, but this may be nonsence
You'd better use lower voltage rails, that fit your load.

But to prevent the chips from clipping with a 4R loads, the rails could even have to be set to 10V or something like this. I think that this is the main problem

But, why do you want a bridged amp for a low load? You'll get more power in it with 2 paralleled modules

Yes with paralleled mode you can use less sepaker impedance. But 7294 or 7294V is not the best solution. 7293 and 7294S chips have pin for parallel mode. I made this in these days, but unfortunately three chips demaged while I tested (the PCB got only + power). So now I have PCB for bridged/parallelled 7293, and I have single parallel amps because no chips enought :)))

Re: TDA 7294 bridge, not working

bogdan.rusu said:
Hello,
I have a problem with bridge amplifier, built using TDA 7294.

Hello... i got the same problem, dont noo way :rolleyes:
it suppose to be a state of permanet mute/stand by!!!...

It sud play when connect d ST-BY/MUTE to +ve. but nothing happning...

Please HELP....
.................................thankx

for the first photos in the main section http://maryus17.freeservers.com/photo4.html
i've build it
it work very good with me on 25-0-25 volt transformer with 5A
the sound seems good for me and in my opinion i've loved stk401-130 and stk0050 only,but now also i love tda7294 in this bridge mode.

for tone controll i've build it it work not good ,the bass volume not working
this is my test i hope it will be usefull
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.