complete novice needs help with amplifier that amplifies frqs over 40Khz !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello world,

This is my first audio project. and it has to do with ultrasounds. I need to AM modulate a signal with ultrasound frequencies and send it to e receiver that demodulate it. So this is why I came to contact you. I see a lot of schematics out there for audio amplifiers but I don't know if they are capable for those frequencies. can anybody help ! i am completely lost at the moment! could any one just pin point what schematic would be ok ! or with what modifications it could do the job ?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Ultrasound transducers tend to operate around 40 kHz. Many audio power amps can deliver significant power there. Many audio op-amps can deliver significant gain.

For example, the LM3886 audio power amp has about 200 kHz bandwidth when built according to the Typical Application schematic shown in the data sheet.

A buffer IC, such as the BUF634 is very wide band and can deliver 250 mA of current.

I'm sure you can find something in the audio range of chips that'll work for your application.

Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.