HK AVR1700 Blinking orange light

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a Harman/Kardon AVR1700. When powered on it lights for a second then shuts off with a blinking orange light. Now if i remove the cable that goes to the amplifier board. it stays on as normal. I tested the transistors with a multimeter in diode mode, most of them with the black probe on "B" and i tested "E" and C" i get around 16-17.00, going to 18.00 and it keeps going up. I tested them backwards (reverse bias) and i get readings too. Now i read somewhere if you reverse bias them, they should not read anything. I am thinking the output transistors might be shot? None of them test dead short.I also tested the PSU output with the amp board disconnected. I get -45 and +45 (tested all 3 prongs).
Protection mode am i right? Would really like to get this fixed. It's a nice receiver.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.