Reverse engineering: Class AB STA540 with pre-amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Chip Amps
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Chip Amps Amplifiers based on integrated circuits

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th February 2016, 01:46 PM   #1
yatesw is offline yatesw  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Reverse engineering: Class AB STA540 with pre-amp

I bought this little beauty 3 months ago as a quick replacement for a more expensive system, its an STA540 with a pre-amp of NE5532 (though I have replaced with OPA2134s).

eBay link & AliExpress Link

I haven't actually replaced it yet as I really love the little thing, and unconventional methodology and simplicity, but some improvements could be made, I'd love to add the power supply to the board and re-distribute the PCB so that it'll fit into a case I have here, make it "all in one".

Now for the plea:
Searching the depths of the internet I cant seem to find its schematic, & my dyslexia is really hampering my ability to convert the PCB into a Schematic i can use, I just cant seem to get it right in simulation. I'm fairly certain it's only a double sided PCB. So I have come here, to you fine folks for a hand in deciphering it.

I have sourced the top and bottom images of the PCB and also a few other bits(a system I believe is very similar to it).

Something that will take me 6hours may only take you 15min which is why I'm asking for a little help

will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg $_57.JPG (102.4 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5724.jpg (339.9 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5725.jpg (478.0 KB, 102 views)
File Type: png amplificador-tda7379-tda7377-tda7375-esquema.png (39.2 KB, 104 views)
Old 16th February 2016, 02:20 PM   #2
mboxler is offline mboxler  United States
diyAudio Member

This may not help, but here is a link to an STA540 kit. Scroll down to view the schematic. It's a 2 channel amp, not 2.1.

Mike

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9612

Hide this!Advertise here!