My First LM1875 amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Listening to a chipamp's output, you can expect the same subjective effect, but even more pronounced because the load is typically 4-8 ohm, rather than around 32ohm for headphones. That's why I suggested using a classA buffer in order to isolate the SQ change caused by the loading effect on the source. I'm of the belief that classA buffers don't add their own fingerprint on the SQ when implemented optimally.

Updated layout, position of C5 and R6 swapped

Attachments

• MyLM1875T-brd-rev1.png
    MyLM1875T-brd-rev1.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 180
@kcray,

about your layout:
I'd recommend that you align your e-caps on one line and also change the positions of the C3 and C6 caps (because the input cap should be further away than the power line, i.e. C7 and C1).

You should also rotate the input terminal by 90° counter-clockwise, then reduce the width of the input line, and finally surround it by the ground line (so as to shield the input line from disturbance).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.