Loud hum problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I have built a six-channel amp using the 3886 chips. I built it using PCBs from http://www.audioworkshop.com.hk/order/order.htm

Untill yesterday it worked just fine. However, there was a slight hum on the channels closest to the power supply, so I had the case open and was trying to rearrange the wires to minimize the humming. Suddenly a spark came from one of the PCBs, and it started humming much louder.

I have tried resoldering all the grounding joints but to no avail. I am not sure, but I think the spark might have come from one of the joints where the caps are soldered to the PCB. Could it be a faulty cap perhaps? (the amp still works despite the hum though)

Any suggestions?

Rasmus

I tried this method too. And the filter caps seem to be alright.
It should be noted, that the amp plays fine except for the loud hum (at least it did before i desoldered the caps).

Is this an indicator of a grounding problem? If so I am puzzled, since it used to work, and I have resoldered all the gorund connections.

Any suggestions?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.